February 11, 2015
SoccerZone Breaks Ground on San Antonio Facility
San Antonio, TX, February 11, 2015 – With construction financing provided by University Federal Credit Union (UFCU) of Austin, the sports complex known as SoccerZone broke ground on Thursday, Feb. 5 for an indoor/outdoor soccer facility off Pat Booker Road next to the Alamo Community College in Live Oak. SoccerZones host adult leagues, youth leagues and summer camps, and corporate rental events.
“We are targeting a summer 2015 opening for the new San Antonio facility,” said Owner-Operator Darren Brown, who opened his first SoccerZone in Austin in 2008. A second Austin location followed in 2013. Brown said both existing facilities are performing well, which led to his decision to enter the San Antonio market.
Brown said the San Antonio complex will be home to a multi-use, state-of-the-art indoor soccer and lacrosse field, an indoor “Soccer Cubs and 4v4 field,” and a full-size outdoor turf field. The facility also will include an entertainment arcade, workout room, after-school program, bounce house and other activities.
With more than $1.8 billion in assets, UFCU is Austin’s largest locally-owned financial institution and serves more than 188,000 members in the Austin and Galveston areas. UFCU provides a variety of products, services and education programs to meet members’ needs through all phases of their lives. More about UFCU products and services, including business loans, is available at www.ufcu.org.
Pictured left to right:
- Joe Gonzalez (UFCU Business Loan Officer)
- Justin Conrey (UFCU Business Lending Operations Manager)
- Sarah Berry (SoccerZone Managing Director)
- Maylee Brown (Soccer Cubs participant)
- Darren Brown (SoccerZone President & Owner/Operator)
- Mary Dennis (Mayor of the City of Live Oak)
- Cesar Torres (SoccerZone Manager/Owner)
- Kent Crow (SoccerZone Investor)
- Ed Cimics (City Councilman for the City of Live Oak)