December 5, 2008
UFCU’s Ben White Branch is Awarded a Five-Star Rating by the Austin Energy Green Building Program
Austin, TEXAS — December 5, 2008 — University Federal Credit Union’s newest branch located at 130 East Ben White Blvd. has been awarded the highest rating (Five-Star) from the Austin Energy Green Building Program; making it the second commercial building in Austin to receive this prestigious honor.
The construction of this facility was focused around the following environmentally conscious building principles:
- Building site positioned to maximize ambient light and minimize solar heat gain;
- Concrete drive and parking lot to reduce heat island effect;
- Water collection/use – for rainwater and AC condensation collection, landscape irrigation and flush toilets, dual flush toilet and low-low faucets with sensors;
- Energy production/use – renewable energy production via photovoltaic system, energy code is exceeded by 15%, dehumidification system, high efficiency heating and air conditioning system, high efficiency lighting (automatic light fixture dimming), close proximity to membership base, thereby reducing carbon emissions;
- Building material and construction agents – energy efficient glass, recycled content in building materials, onsite construction materials recycling, low volatile organic compounds in interior paints and sealants, use of rapidly renewable materials (bamboo furniture and wheat doors), double door at entry vestibule with integral floor mat;
- Independent verification mechanical systems are working as designed.
Please join us for our Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday, December 6, 2008 between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM. Ribbon cutting and Austin Energy Green Program presentation will be at 11:30 AM.
For more information regarding the green building construction process please contact Steve Kubala, UFCU’s Senior Vice President, Operations at (512) 467-8080 x21002 or email@example.com.
UFCU is Austin’s largest locally-owned financial institution with more than $954 million in assets and serves more than 130,000 members in the Austin and Galveston areas. For more information about UFCU’s accounts and services, visit www.ufcu.org.