Your Money is Safe with UFCU
University Federal Credit Union’s strong balance sheet and high net worth ratio speak for themselves. Consistently earning a high rating from the National Credit Union Administration, UFCU is a healthy, thriving financial institution you can trust.
In fact, not one penny has ever been lost by a member of a federally insured credit union, and U.S. taxpayers have never bailed out a federally insured credit union.
Learn more about UFCU
Backed By Federal Fund Insurance
The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) is the credit union industry’s equivalent of the FDIC. Through the NCUSIF, University Federal Credit Union members are insured up to $250,000 per account ownership type (or per member, not per account number).
- Sole Proprietorships (DBA) are considered individual accounts and will be added together with the rest of the member's individual accounts.
- All signature cards must clearly notate the ownership type. In the case of a joint account all owners must have signed the card or it will not be considered a joint account for insurance purposes.
- Kid accounts do not qualify for joint insurance coverage if the child is too young to sign the signature card.
- Corporation, Partnerships or Association accounts are insured $250,000 max for the business, NOT for each individual.
- For POD account coverage, all PODs can be listed on the same account and coverage will still be $250,000 per beneficiary.
- IRAs are insured separately up to $250,000.
Download these National Credit Union Administration brochures to learn more: