A Guide for Members
A UFCU electronic Vehicle Buyer’s Check (eVBC) creates a quick and easy payment experience for you and your dealership, and the process couldn’t be easier. Here’s how it works:
- You contact an expert on our lending team to be sure you qualify. You’ll share details about yourself and how much you’re looking to spend.
- Your loan officer will let you know how much you qualify for and initiate the eVBC process.
- You’ll receive confirmation via email of your approved loan amount, your loan officer’s name and contact information, and the period of time in which you have to execute the eVBC. Be sure and save this email. You’ll need to share it with the dealership as your proof of financing with UFCU.
- Time to go shopping! You’ll find the right car for you, and share all the important details with a representative in the dealership’s Finance department. You’ll complete all the standard dealership paperwork. Once the negotiation is final, you and the dealership's finance manager will each confirm your approval via electronic signature. Payment will be made to the dealership the next business day via ACH or cashier’s check, and you’ll be enjoying your new car or truck!
Advantages of an eVBC
When you walk into an auto dealership armed with an eVBC, you’ve got all the advantages that come with preapproval, and then some:
- You can rely on your UFCU loan officer to help you make sure you’re buying a car that’s right for you and your budget.
- Preapproval with UFCU means you’re most likely getting the best interest rate you qualify for.
- You’ll be in a better position to negotiate with the dealer when you have a check virtually in hand, essentially making you a “cash buyer” from the dealership’s perspective.
- You can use the eVBC at any time before the Void Date (usually about 8 weeks), even on evenings and weekends.
Call us at (512) 498-CARS (2277) or (800) 252-8311, or stop by any branch to learn more.